Flexitallic invented the Spiral Wound Gasket in 1912
Comig Marine is offering SWG for sealing flanges that conventional jointing materials are not applicable. SWG can meet the most exacting conditions of both temperature & pressure in flanged joints and similar assemblies and against virtually every known corrosive and toxic media.
Marine applications examples
Pipelines & pressure vessels on steam systems
Boiler handhole & manhole assemblies
• Pressure: From high vacuum to 35MPa/350bar
• Temperature: From cryogenic up to +1000oC
• Sizes: In a great variety of sizes & shapes. Available to all international standards. Non-standard sizes & shapes also available.
• Profiles: Circular, obround, square, oblong, diamond et.al.
Support rings, outside and/or inside of spiral winding, make the gasket suitable for high line pressure on flat or raised faced flange faces.
Available Gasket materials
Metal Winding Strip
Standard: Stainless Steel 316L or 304
Others: Stainless Steel 304L, 309, 310, 316Ti, 317L, 321, 347, 430, 17-7PH, Alloy 20, Monel, Titanium, Nickel, Inconel 600, 625, X-750, Hastelloy B2, C276, Incoloy 800, 825, Duplex, Zirconium, Tantalum, Copper, Phos-Bronze, Carbon Steel
Graphite, PTFE (Teflon®), Thermiculite, Mica, Ceramic, Non-sintered PTFE
Guide Ring Material
Standard: Carbon Steel
Others: Stainless Steel 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 316Ti, 321, 347, 410, Inconel 600, 625, Monel, Titanium, Nickel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy B2, C276, Incoloy 800, 825
How to order
1. Flange rating: ASME/ANSI or DIN or JIS flanges
➔ Type OR ➔ Spiral Sealing area + Outer ring only,
➔ Type IOR ➔ Inner Ring + Spiral sealing area + Outer ring,
➔ Or other (e.g. R, RIR et al.)
3. Nominal pipe size (NPS - e.g. 1" or DN25 or NOM25A)
4. Pressure rating (e.g. Class 150 or PN16 or 10K)
➔ Inner ring: SS 316L or other
➔ Spiral sealing material: SS 316L + GRAPHITE, SS 316L + PTFE or other
➔ Outer ring: Carbon Steel, SS 316L or other