For the replacement of traditional heat insulation materials & metal foils either tapped or tied together with wires on HOT PIPES & COMPENSATORS with a LONG LASTING & MULTI-USE HEAT PROTECTION SYSTEM.
Approved & Recommended by Wärtsilä for:
• All RT-flex and W-X engines with double walled high pressure fuel pipes.*
• Exhaust gas compensators after cylinder of all Wärtsilä RTA, RT-flex and W-X engines.*
*Wärtsilä Spare Parts Notice RT-156, Issue 1, 27 November 2013
• Maximum possible operating temperature: 250°C
• Maximum surface temperature: 60°C (hand guard!) at a medium temperature of 180°C.
• Resistance of all materials of the insulation system: Diesel/Petrol
• In the case of fire, no toxic gas can be developed in the insulation system.
• The insulation material is shock and vibration resistant.
• The insulation jacket is resistant against mechanical destruction due to friction.
• The insulation system has Velcro fasteners to guarantee an easy installation or removal.
Typical application areas
• Insulation of hydraulic and fuel lines in large diesel engines
• Available with diameters starting at 1”
Example of effectiveness
• Ambient temp: 32°C
• Medium temp: 94°C
• Temp measured on the insulation: 37°C
• ISO 9001
• ISO/TS 16949
• ISO 14001
The MIS can be ordered by quoting the parts code number as listed in TABLE 3. Besides the parts code number the number of cylinders is required if the MIS shall be applied to all cylinder units.
The ordered kit as listed in Table 3 is for the fuel injection pipes of one cylinder unit.